Volunteering in our fondation is, for sure, an extraordinay experience and, considering that ours is a girls’ school, we will warmely accept female volunteers of any nationality (any exception will be demanded to the local person in charge). You will have the chance to work in the Fior di Loto Girls’ School teaching the girls, for at least 2 weeks, whatever subject could enrich their mind with new knowledges such as English conversation or any other foreign language, arts and crafts, drawing, drama, physical education, hygiene, first aid etc…There are just a few simple rules to follow and you will find them all in the “volunteer rules”
The foundation doesn’t provide any facility (food, accomodation or transportation) but to join us in this experience not any compulsory contribution is due to the foundation even if a free donation would naturally be more than welcome.
The school is opened from the first of July till the end of April but please consider that this last month is almost entirely dedicated to the final exams and the Indian calendar includes several festivities therefore we would be grateful to whoever could be interested to get first in touch with us by sending us a message specifying the subject that could be taught, for how long and in which period of the year the volunteer would like to work.
Thanks in advance to all the future volunteers because your precious contribution help us in giving the girls the best possible education!
The Volunteers are expected to dress properly and to behave according to the beliefs of the people they are working with.
1. They should avoid talking about the following subjects I no explicitly requested: religion sex, love and marriage customs in Western culture.
2. Since the Foundation operates in a Holy city, the Volunteers should remember that drugs alcohol, meat, fish, eggs are strictly prohibited. It’s recommended not to talk about Western food habits.
3. It’s important to remember that Indian female children tend to be very shy: please avoid shouting at them.
4. Only Female Volunteers or married couple are accepted. If necessary any exception will be demanded to the person in charge Mr. Deepu Maharshi (phone +91 9829148130).
5. The Foundation doesn’t provide any facility (rooms, food or transportation). For any help in order to find accommodation or to get a good price ask to Mr. Deepu Maharshi (phone +91 9829148130). Some of volunteers were accomodated at Khrisna Guest House (phone), Hotel Rising Star (phone), Inn Seventh Heaven (Phone: +91 0145-5105455) and Sanovar Hotel (phone +91 01452772040).
6. The Volunteers are requested to write a paper describing the work they would like to do for the foundation.
7. If any complain occours, the Volunteer should communicate it by e-mail or directly to the person in charge by the Foundation ( Ms. Mara Sandri, Ms Guadalupe Tapia, Mr. Deepu Maharshi).
8. In order to help the gipsy (kalbeliya) community, the Volunteer is gently asked to promote their traditional arts. This would be possible by asking the kalbeliya girls to teach their traditional dance (one hour class: 250 rupies), or paying to assist to a dance program (2000 to 5000 rupies), or by asking for the traditional henna body painting, or by buying the kalbelia art crafts and jewelry.
9. The Volunteer should always ask if photos are welcome and accepted, especially in the kalbelia camp. If you need more information about the kalbelia community write to Kicca Angelillo: email@example.com
10. The Volunteer should never disrupt a school class.
11. THE VOLUNTEER IS ASKED TO RESPECT THE ABOVE RULES IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN THE GOOD REPUTATION OF THE FOUNDATION.
YOUR HELP IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR US AND WE ARE GRATEFUL TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WILL JOIN US IN OUR PROJECT. IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFORMATION OR IF YOU HAVE ANY COMPLAINT PLEASE WRITE TO
|Mara Sandri||Guadalupe Tapia Paykar||Deepu Maharshi|
|Founder||Founder||President in India|
|+1 809 8475406||+1 661 9657199||+91 9829148130|